Sunday 11 March 2007

KEMS and Qualitynet in their wider context..

Well,

I guess God didn't grab much attention here. In a way it makes me.. happy?

Time to shift gears. Since we're talking about KEMS' latest move to block our blogs--and don't forget Qualitynet's similar attempts during last elections--I thought it might be interesting to question the idea of corporations and their role in modern life.

How were they born? How did they come to dominate our everyday life? How did they acquire the legal status of 'person', and what kind of persons are they? How did the idea of 'limited liability' come about? Are corporations intrinsically evil? Are they tyrannical and anti-democratic by virtue of their nature?

These are some of the questions THE CORPORATION tries to look into. As to my views on the topic, I prefer to address them during the debate (like there's gona be one!)


THE CORPORATION

A film by Mark Achbar, Jennifer Abbott, and Joel Bakan

Part 1:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3969792790081230711&q=the+corporation

Part 2:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7365345393244917682&q=the+corporation

1 comment:

Shurouq said...

Watched it last night with my capitalist friend and we both absolutely loved it!

Thought I'd drop by to thank you for the recommendation :)